Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Kindly make sure to read our Terms & Conditions, Policies & Lodge Rules
Bookings, Deposits & Payments
- All Bookings to be requested in writing via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 50% Deposit is payable within 24 hours to confirm and secure a booking.
- Balances are payable prior to or on arrival.
- Please use the reference provided when making payment and send proof of payment to email@example.com
- For Corporate (Business) Bookings, we will require full details of the company and accounts department.
- Please note that our accommodation options can not be booked over the maximum occupancy that it allows. No additional guests will be accepted than what is booked for. If guests arrive with more guests than booked for, including children, an additional room must be booked, subject to availability.
- All National parks and reserves charge a fee to finance the extensive management of these parks and reserves. Hartenbos Private Game Lodge is no exception and being privately owned, it is up to the owner to maintain all conservation and land management. Therefore, as from 1 January 2023 each guest will pay a once off conservation fee of R200 per adult and R100 per child under 12. These funds will help with the natural and wildlife conservation, more directly towards antipoaching, land and water conservation as well as infrastructure.
- All Cancellation request to be put in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 50% Deposit forfeit if the booking is cancelled 30 - 7 days prior to arrival.
- 100% Deposit forfeit if the booking is cancelled less than 7 days prior to arrival including No-Shows (Non-arrivals). Please make sure that your booking dates are correct. We will not be held liable for incorrect dates booked.
- a 15% Handling fee is charged for refunds exceeding R3000 and 20% for all International refunds.
Check-in & Check-Out
- Check-in time is from 14:00 - 18:00. Please contact the number at the gate for assistance. No earlier arrivals will be accepted, unless pre-arranged, subject to availability. Please pre arrange if you are planning on arriving later, in order for our team to assist you promptly.
- Check-out time is 10:00. Later departures can be pre-arranged at an additional pro-rata hourly fee, subject to availability.
- Strictly no pets will be allowed at Hartenbos Private Game Lodge to protect our wildlife and to maintain a peaceful natural environment for all guests to enjoy.
- If guests arrive with pets without consent, the booking may be cancelled with no refund.
- Breakfast and Dinner must be pre-booked.
- Our Chef prepares all meals freshly and the menu is subject to change daily.
- Guests must please advise on food allergies and dietary requirements well in advance in order for us to accommodate your request courteously.
- a 10% Service fee will be added to your food bill for groups over 6 guests (Public and In-house guests).
Events, Functions & Weddings
- a Venue Hiring fee per day applies to all functions booked, quoted accordingly. This fee will include in-house décor, crockery, cutlery, serving staff, cleaning, etc.
- All functions are subject to a 50% deposit to confirm and secure the venue with balances payable 30 days prior to the function.
- a 100% Deposit is required if the booking is made less than 30 days prior to the function.
- The Venue's capacity is subject to the current Covid-19 Regulations (50% capacity).
- a List with food allergies and special dietary requirements must be sent through well in advance in order for our Chef to prepare a menu accordingly.
- All function cancellations must be put in writing to email@example.com
- 50% Deposit forfeit If cancelled 30 days prior to the function and 100% forfeit if cancelled less than 7days prior to the function.
- Cancellation refunds will also be subject to outsourced suppliers policies.
- Function dates can be postponed by no longer than 1 year, where after the deposit will be forfeited.
- Rates may be subject to change depending on availability of menu items (Seasonal) and the availability of the Lodge as well as annual accommodation rate increases.
- Please respect the privacy of your neighboring guests.
- No noise after 22:00.
- No parties or loud music allowed whatsoever.
- No smoking, vaping or "Hubbly Bubbly" allowed in the villas, tents or main Lodge building. Failure to adhere to this will result in a fine.
- Please do not litter on the Lodge grounds.
- Do not feed the Wildlife or attempt to approach the Wildlife without a Ranger being present.
- Guests are prohibited from self-drive "game watching" excursions.
- All guests are to adhere to the Covid-19 protocols at all times.
- Please ensure that all braai fires are properly extinguished when done in order to avoid high risk wild fires.
- Strictly no fireworks will be allowed. Failure to adhere to this notice will result in a fine.
- Guests and visitors enter the property and make use of the facilities and services at own risk.
- The owners, management, staff and representatives of Hartenbos Private Game Lodge will not be held liable to any damage or loss of property or life while residing or visiting Hartenbos Private Game Lodge.
- We have the right of admission reserved.